Buying a point-of-sale (POS) system may seem like a hassle and an unnecessary expense, but if you look closer, you’ll find clear gains.
There are two main types of systems: for retail stores; and for restaurants and hotels, also known as the hospitality category.
The benefits of point-of-sale systems are:
- Accuracy: Scanning is more accurate than punching in numbers from a sticker, or expecting the cashier to remember what each item costs.
- Analysis: POS systems let you manage inventory, flag items for reorder, and analyze sales patterns.
The main advantage of a computerized POS system over a cash box or a cash register is the sophisticated and detailed sales reports it provides. The software lets you analyze sales in different ways, such as by SKU (item sold), time periods, promotions, by store if you have more than one, or even by sales clerk. It will help your inventory manager buy in the right number of cartons of tissue paper with improved timing, and help your chef calculate how much cheese to order for the coming week, taking into account an upcoming holiday. It can also help reduce employee shrinkage.
But that’s only the start. Once your sales are computerized, you can plug that computer into a network, and the network into a back-office computer system that downloads results from all your registers, consolidating and monitoring the information in a variety of ways. If you bite the bullet and pay the costs, you can integrate all this into your accounting and inventory software systems.
- Free Updates:Never pay for a software update ever again, we strongly believe in improvements and evolution.
- Free Off-Site Backups:We protect your data in case of a hardware failure by pushing a backup to our servers everyday.
- No Back Office:Avoid spending extra money for unnecessary equipment, you an be up and running with 1 POS only.
- Free Training:Training new staff to use the system is really quick and easy.
- Faster Service:Work more efficient and faster with our mobile devices, at a fraction of the cost of a normal POS.
- Share Printers:Share printers between multiple stations or mobile tablets and avoid spending on extra equipment.